Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back to Blogging

Pin It
After a much needed break over the summer, I think I am back!
Can't promise you anything as we are adjusting to life with triplets in kindergarten.
Yeah, you read right.

And if you are curious about my precious trio, please feel free to follow along on the Surviving Triplets blog.

Of course, I am going to show you pics of my lovelies in things I made them.
I did a project for the school at the end of last year.
Yes, before my kids started going.

500 shirts upcycled in to reading book bags.
My payback for volunteering?
A few shirts that were way too big to make in to bags.

I got 6 total.
3 were made in to the top/dresses.
3 were made in to shorts/leggings.


I know some will be wondering about the patterns.
For the girls upcycle, it is actually my pattern (yet to be written of course).
Ian's shirt pattern came from Fishsticks Designs and is the Charlie pattern.

Ian's shorts are the {SIG} Regular Shorts/Pants pattern.
The girls leggings are from Lil Blue Boo, the Asymmetrical Leggings pattern. 
And of course, the bows are from Melbows Place.

I dropped them off, the comments started immediately.
The principal absolutely LOVED their outfits.
As did many, many teachers.

I received about 5 messages/texts immediately.
One is a request for photos for the school to use.
Needless to say, I am very happy the outfits were a hit.

And, so there you have it.
The first return blog.
I have some big plans.

Now that the kids are in school, I hope to EXECUTE those plans.
We will see.
After all, life always throws a curve ball.

{SIG}nature Creations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...