Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ruffle Fabric Maxi Dress

Pin It

I stumbled across this.
It wasn't really planned.
It was a brainstorm moment between a mommy and me.

And it turned out beautifully.
As a matter of fact, it is very simple to make.
That is, if you have a serger.

Not sure I would have the patience to fight the ruffling
needed if I was just using my sewing machine.
Or attaching the ruffle fabric to the elastic.

{SIG} has created a ruffle fabric maxi dress.
And I can make it in just about any solid color!

You can wear the maxi dress 2 ways.
Melina is wearing the maxi dress without a waist ribbon tie.
Flows beautifully!
{isn't she delish???}



 Or you can add a simple ribbon tie.
We like to use grosgrain ribbon.
Sofi modeled this dress beautifully despite that it was WAY TOO LONG.



I also think this would be a great photographer prop.
Could you imagine doing a mini session or a group session
using several different color dresses?
I sure could!

Hmmmm...maybe I should!
Although my photog skills aren't necessarily up to professional standards.

Either way, these are a great addition to any little girl's wardrobe.
Don't you think?
Now the question remains, should I put them in the Etsy store as a staple?

Let me know!
{SIG}nature Creations

1 comment:

Cre8ive Motives said...

Wow, very impressive! I love the ruffles and the color!

I just nominated your blog for an award. Check out my blog for details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...