Thursday, November 3, 2011

Christmas Card Photos

Pin It
Last year at this time, I had just really gotten in to sewing clothes for the kids.
Yes, really...for my kids.
Before that, I was making things for other kids.
Not too much before that though.
Hmmm...has it really only been about 1.5 years?

Geeeeeezzzzz!
Now that makes me want to blog about something else.
Eh hem...back to the topic at hand Miss Astrid.
Which is really our annual photos.

Last year I went simple.
Peasant dresses.
And Ian got a vest.
Yeah, that was all the time & skill set I had.


I was even able to make some head pieces to match.



But this year, I fell in love with some fabric by Ann Kelle.
I had used it to make this adorable pinafore and Ally bloomers for a customer.


And I think I have a new obsession with chevrons.
That is the zig zag black and white print you see.
Yep, their official "design" name.

The only problem is as much as those ladybugs were cute,
I wanted to just work with the patterned fabric.
Gotta love me some argyle and some chevrons.

AND...

they are gender neutral so I could use all prints for all 3.

Once the fabric arrived, I was stuck.
Call it an artistic block.
It just wasn't coming to me.

Then I started laying out the fabric.
Finally, I had figured it out!

Sofi claimed the red.
She is a red lover.
Just like her momma!
{reverse knot dress w/ apron & ribbon detailing}


Ian is going to wear the argyle pants and suspenders.
{flat front country club pants w/ pockets}


Gabi wanted the blacks.
That's what she got!
{apron knot dress w/ ribbon detailing}


Now all I have left to do is figure out what to do with their hair.
I'm thinking bows by Melbows Place.

And to top it off, it finally got cold in Houston.
Photos are at 9:30 tomorrow morning.
So I have to add long sleeve white shirts to keep them warm.

Now, let's hope they wake up in a good mood.

{SIG}nature Creations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...