Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Playing around w/ applique stitching

Pin It
I have a dear friend,
Nickie...
she pushes me.
In a good way, of course.

She tests my creative limits.
And just like anything else,
I don't like to ask for help
so it normally takes me longer
to figure things out.

Which is fine.
Makes me feel good,
gets the creative juices flowing.

So, I decided to see what my monogram program had available.
And these are just the beginning of the results.

This is the ghost.
Note to self...
Do not use polka dot fabric.
The face gets lost in the dots.
Oops.


Pumpkin applique, pretty cute!


I like this cupcake.
A little different than what I make.
Super cute w/ the cherry on top.



My first attempt at doing a letter.
Cute color combo,
but there are a couple of mistakes.
By the 2nd one,
the kinks were worked out.


I like this one!



I am ever expanding.
I like it.
I like the challenge.

Thank you Miss Nickie!

4 comments:

Nickie said...

Oooh, girl--I love the appliques! I love being able to see examples too!

Staci said...

I am addicted to appliques. I have had my machine for a year and I am just no realizing it's capabilities. What kind of machine do you have? Have you ever gone to swakembroidery.com. They have some really cute stuff.

Astrid said...

Oh Staci! I haven't been there & so far, I like what I see...thanks for sending me to TROUBLE, LOL!

Nickie, glad you like what you see :)

Astrid said...

Forgot to tell you what machine I have, a Brother Innovis 1200. I'm thinking I'll have this machine for another year before I graduate in to 2 machines...1 for sewing & 1 for embroidering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...